who we are
Welcome to Mini Pearls, an auxiliary of Beckstrand Cancer Foundation whose mission is to improve and enhance the quality of life of kids with cancer. Mini Pearls is comprised of grade school-aged students throughout Orange County who are committed to getting involved in their community and donating their time to programs that enrich the experiences of kids diagnosed with cancer. Membership is open to all kindergarten through grade six students.
what we do
Mini Pearls supports and complements the programs of its parent organization, Beckstrand Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides a unique combination of financial assistance and patient advocacy to victims of cancer who are in the midst of treatment and struggling to cope with critical survival needs, such as rent/mortgage payments, insurance premiums, medical co-payments, and food.
Mini Pearls supports the funding and program development of Beckstrand’s Pediatric Oncology Program, and provides care packages to pediatric cancer patients. The care packages include a coloring book and crayons, a soft puppy stuffed animal, a book titled, “Did You Get Your Hug & Kiss Today?” written by a mom for her son when he had cancer, and a beanie hat.
why we help
In the United States, 33 children are diagnosed with cancer each day. About 2,300 die from the disease each year. Thanks to advances in medicine and treatment, these numbers are beginning to decline, but the aggressive nature of existing treatments still produces devastating side effects for children. In addition to losing hair, nausea, vomiting and fatigue, patients often encounter emotional hardship and an unmet need for educational programs, activities and services to help them recover and maintain their well-being. Mini Pearls helps to fill this gap, and improve and enhance their quality of life.
- January, 2012 : Valentine Care Package Assembly
- February 11, 2012 : Lemonade Stand Fundraiser, 9 am @ Motte Country Plaza, Menifee
- March, 2012 : Easter Basket Assembly
- June 2012 : Ice Cream Social & Picture Day
- July 2012 : Lake Forest 4th of July Parade
- Monthly : Patient Care Packages, Letters and Educational Activities
ways of getting involved
- Become a Member : Contact Mini Pearls today to learn more, or download a membership form here.
- Make a Donation : A donation of $50 will sponsor a care package for a special child. Donate here.
- Use GoodSearch and GoodShop : Have your parents enter Beckstrand Cancer Foundation as their verified charity and every Internet search you make with them helps raise funds for cancer patients in need. Want to spread the word? Download an informative one sheet here.
- Set up a Fundraising Page : Have your parents visit FirstGiving.com and set up an individual fundraising page under Beckstrand Cancer Foundation. Set a personal goal and then contact your friends and family for help.
- Save your Used Capri-Sun Drink Pouches : For every pouch recycled, Mini Pearls earns $0.02 toward a care package. E-mail MiniPearls@beckstrand.org to learn more.
- Write a Letter to a Patient : Join our “Pearl Pals” letter writing campaign. Write a letter to a patient at Miller Children’s Hospital and they’ll write you back! You can color a picture, use stickers or write in fun ink – whatever you think will make a patient’s day brighter.
+ photo gallery
+ in the news
+ highlighted events
|An Affaire at the Barn!
Hosted by Pikin' Chixs
Lemonade Stand proceeds to benefit
February 11, 2012 from 9:00am to 4:00pm
@ Motte Country Plaza
28380 Hwy 74, Menifee
+ chapter ambassadors
- Lake Forest : Jillian Ray
- Newport Beach I : Emma White
- Newport Beach II : Emily, Suzanne & Audrey Arenal
- Irvine : Alisha & Ashley Lin
- Mini Pearls of Beckstrand
- 20341 Birch Street, Suite 310
- Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Beckstrand Tax ID#: 23-7416-758